Thursday, March 13, 2008

Chocolate Chip with Vanilla Strawberry Buttercream frosting

I decided that from this day (well last week) that I was no longer going to let myself make cakes the easy way, the cheap way. I am taking out box mixes and will figure out how to make my cakes the real way, through measuring out flour, sugar, baking soda and powder, and so forth. I have worked at 2 bakeries which both use box mixes, I don't think you can find fun in just pouring in a bag of ingredients that are so important and just add liquids to it and get the same feeling as measuring it all out by yourself. I think that any form of baking whether it be cupcakes, cakes, muffins, or scones that there are only a certain amount of ingredients that work and those ingredients should be handled with care and be the best quality possible.

I am still learning but here goes my first attempt to make something from scratch, and it turned out successful. I only say successful cause watching people eat the cupcakes they didnt get a look on their face of disgust which is a good sign for this being my first time.




I also made healthy pear scones but I didn't take any pictures of them cause I was too busy eating them!

2 comments:

Heather said...

SAMI THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY.
also, you should check out this site: http://cupcakeblog.com/

Anonymous said...

I totally bookmarked it, 'cause anyone's passion is worth keeping up with ^_^

Jessica Valandingham