Friday, March 14, 2008

Vanilla mini cakes with chocolate surprise

So this was a successful and somewhat unsuccessful baking experience.
My attempt to try a vanilla cake. It is a basic vanilla cake recipe but as always I add my own ideas to it.
My mom said they smell just like the bakeries back in Iran, which is a complement to me cause a lot of the recipes they make there are secretive I guess.
Anyways, they have a chocolate filling in the middle and are sprinkled with powder sugar.
I was going to try to use the left over strawberry buttercream I have but make it a thicker consistency but I couldn't figure it out and ended up destroying the buttercream. Not everything turns out the way I want.




It taste just like a vanilla cake should. Like vanilla heaven.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Samira these look sooo delicious!!! I've always wanted to make cupcakes with melted surprise in the middle haha. great job!! :)