Saturday, April 12, 2008

Baguettes

I made the sponge for this yesterday and let it sit at room temp over night. I wanted to make it in the morning cause baguettes are a perfect breakfast food. 

They came out great, but my only problem with them was they had a unusual smell. The recipe I adapted from said they made 3 and i was going to make 3 as you will see but then I decided to make 2. The recipe also said to slightly grease the bowl you transfer the dough to. Maybe I greased too much or maybe greasing was a bad idea but I think thats the reason it made it harder to roll out and form into a perfect baguette shape. Next time I wont grease. 

But I still wonder what gave it such a unusual smell, maybe the flour. Anyways, here are the pictures:






I made a sour dough sponge, so that is coming up and I think I will make some biscuits tonight. 
Music Listened to when making this: Panic @ the disco - Pretty Odd

No comments: